The CylinDraw Control Suite is a set of executable programs packaged together as a zip file. Simply download the appropriate version and extract it anywhere you want.
- All instructions including:
- PDF of assembly & use instructions
- Screw identification chart
- Kit contents list + arduino pinout reference
- Video 1: Introduction to CylinDraw
- Video 2: Physical Assembly
- Video 3: Calibrating the machine
- Video 4: Tips for making your own SVGs (Coming soon)
- 3D Printable STL Files (Free but not open source)
- WINDOWS 64 BIT CylinDraw Control Suite V1.00.zip
- WINDOWS 32 BIT CylinDraw Control Suite V1.0.0.zip
- Linux & Apple Mac are not currently supported. Sorry! We are developing a cross platform solution, its just a lot of work.
RECOMENDED 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE:
- (May be essential) HOW TO INSTALL JAVA ON YOUR COMPUTER (You may already have java, but now is a good time to update it.)
- (Helpful) VIEW SVG FILES IN THUMBNAIL ON A WINDOWS PC
- (Helpful) HOW TO CHECK IF YOUR COMPUTER IS 32 BIT OR 64BIT
- (May be Essential)- ARDUINO CHIP DRIVERS (You may not need it, try without to get started, but if your computer doesn’t see the CylinDraw over USB then this fixes it. Other troubleshooting shot: install the Arduino IDE & restart the computer. )
- Totally Random SVG files to practice with. Some are weird/stupid, don’t think too hard about it.
Download the zipped package. Right click on the package to and select “Extract All” to location “C:\” (or anywhere else you want it.)
The extracted software package is shown below. Please keep everything together in the same folder like it appears below. If you move the exe files or the system folder somewhere else then it wont work right. It is OK to make file shortcuts.
Also you don’t have to save JOBS, SVGS, or images in the named folders, it is just a recommended convention.
Updating Firmware: ‘Firmware’ is the program that lives on the CylinDraw electronics hardware (‘firm’ is between ‘soft’ and ‘hard’). If you buy any kit the latest firmware will already be installed for you! If you ever want to update it, then download the prepared .hex file above and install it using the XLoader.exe program from the Firmware Folder of the CylinDraw Control Suite. (XLoader original source linked here for reference). For device select the ‘UNO’ and use defaults for everything else.
Updating software: If we come out with a new release and you want to try it, simply download the file here and unzip it somewhere new on your computer. Its not an installation in a traditional sense, its just a stand alone executable file. The new software wont even know the old software exists, its all just files in a folder. Please note however, you will need to re-enter your license key in the new software.